9/11/20 Elder Update: A Message from Pastor Mike
A couple of weeks ago, Jim, Ted, and Tom shared that I will be taking a sabbatical this fall. My time away begins this coming Monday, September 14. First and foremost, I just want to share how grateful I am for this gift. Many of you have reached out to my family with words of encouragement and the desire to serve us during this season. Thank you for your kindness and your love. Second, I want to share a few ways you can pray for us during this season:
- Embracing quietness- so much of ministry life is events, activities, and running at a fast pace. This season will require slowing down and quieting the noise of performance. It will be good and hard. Pray that I embrace it.
- Grounding my identity in being a son, not a pastor.
- Firstfruits- pray that sabbath and rest would be a model for our church to value and embrace.
- The mission continues- every one of our elders and staff are taking on a little more in this season. Pray for wisdom, unity, and fruitfulness in all they do.
Here are a few specific ways that you can grow as a follower of Jesus, serve others, and continue the mission of making disciples this fall:
- DWELL at Home is back on Sunday, September 20. Join us as we pray for renewed unity in our church and nation.
- King’s Harbor Men, we have two upcoming events to stir your faith: Every Man and the 2020 Men’s Conference.
- King’s Harbor Women, mark your calendars for Every Woman and Mom’s Inc.
- Royal Family Club is returning at the end of this month.
Stay tuned for more information on the events listed above. Praying for fruit in all of us in the days ahead.
Grace and peace,