8/13/20 Preparing for Online & On-Site Servivces THIS Sunday!
This Sunday, we will hold our first in-person service since March 8. Last week we shared details on what our online and on-site gatherings will look like. Just to review, if you plan to be with us on-site, remember:
- You must register prior to your arrival on Sunday.
- You are required to wear a mask at all times while at our on-site service.
- Children's' Ministry will not be available- our children will be seated with us for the entire service.
- Be gracious- we are all experiencing and learning something new together.
As you prepare to join us, I want to share a few tips for you to enter Sunday with the ability to focus on the Lord:
- If you are joining us online, connect to the feed a few minutes early. Because it is a real-time experience, you don’t want to be searching for the link at 8:59 in your email. Log in as early as 15 minutes early. We have updates and information for you about how to take next steps as a disciple of Jesus.
- Each week at the conclusion of our online gatherings, we will celebrate our redemption by taking communion together. To best prepare, be sure to have the bread representing Christ’s body and the cup representing his shed blood ready as you join service. We believe we can uphold the meaning and seriousness of communion while exhibiting grace for those who do not have the exact elements or who feel uncomfortable participating virtually. Right after the conclusion of the sermon, we will explain the meaning of communion and invite you to join us. We are praying that this will be a meaningful way to remember what the Lord has done both for you as individuals, but also how it tethers us together as a family, even when we can’t be together physically.
- If you are registered and joining us on-site, we will start check-in at 10:45 a.m. While you already have a seat reserved, arriving early will allow you time to walk through the process without the added pressure of being late.
- When you registered, you received a follow-up email that contained two important details- your parking information and your waiver form. Be sure to know what parking lot corresponds to the section where you will be seated. We’d hate for you to have to walk out of your way because of choosing the wrong lot.
- Also, complete your waiver form before you arrive. This will make the check-in process more efficient for you and other guests.
Lastly, I want to make you aware of a few opportunities we have beyond just attending online or in-person:
- One of our commitments as we realigned our staff and ministry focus was equipping households. You have seen this all summer through our Children’s Ministry curriculum packs and events like Virtual VBS. We want to continue providing discipleship resources for your family. Starting this Sunday, we are launching BLAST for our preschool and elementary age kids. This will be a time of worship, Bible learning, and sharing together that will happen online during our 9:00 a.m. worship gathering. If you haven't had a chance to register for this, you can today here…Register for BLAST.
- Second, our middle school and high school students have returned to in-person gatherings as well through home groups. Each Wednesday throughout the South Bay, students are meeting in the backyards of host homes where they are able to meet socially distanced to learn God’s word and build godly relationships with adult leaders and peers. If your student is connected, this is another way we would love to serve your household.
- Finally, we are evaluating if and when we should open more on-site gatherings. You can help us in two ways- register and serve. We mentioned last week, we have built a waiting list for those who are unable to reserve a spot. Please place your name on that list. This will give us the information we need to discern when another gathering is necessary. Here is the second piece to that- we need people who are willing to serve at each additional on-site gathering. Back when we shared the survey about re-entry we intentionally asked the question about your willingness to serve because, without your participation, our capacity to host on-site services is limited. If you are able to serve as part of team that will welcome and serve those who are coming on-site, please let us know by emailing .
We are just days away from seeing you. Pray for the Lord’s grace and presence as we gather together.
- Pastor Mike (on behalf of KHC elders and executive team)