4/2/20 COVID-19 Update: A Message from Pastor Mike
We want to briefly provide a few updates in response to the most recent COVID-19 developments as well as share about a few exciting opportunities we have ahead of us in the coming days.
Earlier this week, the safer-at-home restrictions were extended through the end of this month. This will only create more stress on all of us emotionally and financially. We are praying for your peace, health, and safety as well as for wisdom for our local, state, and national leaders.
We also wanted to remind you of a few resources we have provided to serve your tangible needs during this season:
- KHC Care Line – For those who are highly susceptible to the coronavirus and need assistance with running errands and receiving items.
- Haves and Needs – Share something you have to give or receive something you need.
- Employment Concerns – Learn about financial resources the government is preparing for those who qualify.
Last week, we mentioned that we making a place to create a digital experience for both Good Friday and Easter. While the way we are gathering is forced to change, our focus remains the same. Easter is a season for all of us to actively participate in making disciples. Our original plan was to encourage to pray, invite, and be available. How much more important is it for us to pray about whom the Lord might reach during this season and invite them to hear about the joy and peace that comes from the resurrection of Jesus?
We also realize that making disciples happens in your home, particularly if you have children, who are elementary-aged or younger. Our Children’s Ministry team will be hosting two Easter-themed art classes, a virtual Palm Sunday Jesus Parade, and providing Easter prize baskets for your family. To connect to these opportunities, click here.
We believe that the Lord could use this difficult season caused by COVID-19 to give us access to more people at Easter than ever before. Join us in praying, inviting, and walking with the people of our community!
Conversational Devotionals (on Instagram LIVE)
Last week, we shared that an exciting opportunity was coming. We're planning to take a journey through the Scriptures together as a conversational devotional. Starting Monday, April 6, we are going to launch our We Cry Out conversational devotional. On Monday, Wednesday, and Friday of each week, we will be hosting a conversation about a Psalm of the day at 3:00 p.m. And all you need to do is follow us on Instagram. Then you can share thoughts, reactions, and prayer requests with us LIVE, while we discuss the Psalms.
If you can’t make it at 3:00 p.m., the devotional will be available for replay for 24 hours on Instagram. We hope you'll join us, this is going to be fun!
Fasting and Prayer
Each Monday night, our Elders and Executive Team are meeting to pray and seek the Lord for guidance as we navigate these uncertain times. Earlier this week, we decided to set Mondays as a day of fasting and prayer, and we wanted to invite you to join us.
If you have never experienced the practice of fasting, here is a quick article to get you started, Fasting for Beginners.
Join us in believing the Lord for three things:
- Protection – Ask the Lord to protect the health of our first responders, health care workers, and to eradicate this virus.
- Provision – Ask the Lord to provide for families in unexpected ways and to sustain health in our church, so we can continue to do the ministry he has called us to.
- Opportunity – Ask the Lord to use us to bring people to him in the midst of the illness and panic we currently face.
We love you and are praying for you.
- Pastor Mike, on behalf of KHC Elders and Executive Team