4/16/20 COVID-19 Update: A Message from Pastor Mike
This week’s update is a reminder of God’s goodness in the middle of the mess. Good Friday and Easter Sunday were beautiful reminders that the Lord turns ashes to beauty, mourning to rejoicing, and that his mission is for us to be witnesses of the resurrection of Christ to a world looking for goodness and hope.
A few highlights have been the stories I have heard, stories like:
- A couple who wrote personal invitations to their neighbors to watch service and they received a thank you card from someone on their street, who grew up with a different spiritual background.
- A young lady sharing this weekend’s message with a co-worker, who later expressed how meaningful it was for her.
- The joy of watching our children worship via Zoom on Easter morning.
At the same time, we recognize the isolation can feel all-consuming. Here are a few ways to continue to stay connected:
- If you need assistance with basic needs, we have set up the Care Line at this number for you: (310) 294-6821.
- If you are not, connected to a community group, we’d love to help! Email us at .
- Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, we want to talk about the Psalms with you. Join us on Instagram LIVE for these devotionals at 3:00 p.m. PDT. Follow us @kingsharborchurch
Lastly, continue to pray and fast with us every Monday. Here’s what we are bringing to the Lord:
- Protection for medical personnel and first responders, who are courageously serving so many.
- Provision- that the Lord would provide for you in every way.
- Provision and Opportunities for the Church- that the Lord would give us the resources needed for us to be a blessing to our community.
- The eradication of COVID-19.
The Lord is at work.
- Pastor Mike, on behalf of KHC Elders and Executive Team