3/13/20 COVID-19 Update: A Message from Pastor Mike
Thank you for your prayerful patience as we have prayed and sought wisdom from the Lord while paying attention to those who are thinking through public safety in the face of the coronavirus. At this time, in light of the directive from our Governor and Mayor, we believe it is most wise for us to suspend all onsite gatherings for our church through at least the end of March. You can learn more about how we arrived at this decision by watching the video above.
While we will not be able to gather in person through at least the end of March, we encourage you to participate with us in worship and the hearing of God’s Word online at 9:00 a.m., beginning this Sunday, March 15 at kingsharbor.org/watch (Worship services will be posted at 9:00 a.m. on Sunday mornings and will be available to watch at any time after). We are going to pause our sermon series in the book of Acts and we will be opening God’s Word for encouragement and trust in the Lord in the face of fear. We pray that these messages will be transformative for you, but also a way to share the Gospel with those in your life, who may be experiencing a similar sense of worry and anxiety in this season.
While we will continue to share more information in the coming days about ministry operations at King's Harbor Church, we wanted to briefly outline some next steps for you below as well as specific points of contact for additional questions.
Online Worship Services
- 9:00 a.m. Sunday, March 15, 22, 29
- Our Children's Ministry team is preparing digital lesson plans and will be sending out to parents. Questions?
- Middle School and High School will not be meeting on campus through at least the end of March. You will hear more from your ministry leaders in the coming days. Questions?
- We're recommending that community groups continue to meet as they will be our primary line of support and care for our congregation. However, if you are ill or are highly susceptible to becoming ill, we recommend that you refrain from attending. You will be hearing from your Community Group leaders soon with more details. Questions?
- For those who are not in a community group and/or who may need more extensive care from the staff, you may reach out to a staff member to schedule an appointment to meet.
Equipping Classes & Onsite Events
- Classes and onsite events are postponed until further notice. Equipping Classes Questions? . Onsite Events Questions?
- As of now, we will continue to plan and prepare for our offsite events such as our annual Easter Egg Hunt and Women's Retreat, but realize some events may need to be postponed or canceled pending further information about the coronavirus containment measures. Questions?
Again, we want to thank you for your continued prayers in this season. May the Lord use all of it for his glory,
- Pastor Mike, on behalf of KHC Elders and Executive Team