Church On The Beach
Sundays @ 9:00 a.m. | "Burnout Beach"
Here's what is new…
- Change in leadership: Jason Flentye has the primary responsibility to lead, shepherd, and preach. Johnny Anderson will continue to serve in a leadership/teaching role.
- New worship team: We're building a new worship team with specific roles and responsibilities.
- New ministry for kids: COTB now offers Children's Ministry for kids ages 5-11 as a means to disciple the children and serve their parents.
- Future plans: COTB Community Groups and quarterly service projects.
- Fresh visual presentation: When you arrive at COTB you will notice new tents and signage, welcoming the community to join us.
- Mandatory protocols: LA County Beaches and Harbors requires all attendees to wear masks and practice social distancing.
WHAT IS CHURCH ON THE BEACH?
In addition to our KHC Torrance services, we offer a weekly church service outdoors, on the sand in Redondo Beach. Church on the Beach (COTB) is an opportunity for us to get outside of the building to make church more accessible to people in the South Bay by bringing the service to them. COTB allows us the blessed privilege to worship God and hear from His Word, in His creation. We sit in our beach chairs and dig our feet into the sand, soaking up the sun and the view of dolphins swimming by as we praise God for who He is and marvel at His handiwork.
TIME & DURATION:
COTB begins at 9:00 a.m. and typically ends at 10:30 a.m. Many COTB attendees arrive a little earlier to set up blankets/chairs and socialize with each other. If you have time to stay longer, many of us hang out at the beach afterward.
COTB is located at “Burnout Beach” – at the south end of Redondo Beach. The two easiest ways to access Burnout is by walking down the ramp at Vista del Mar, or by using the stairs at Miramar Park. We are on the north side of the restrooms at the base of the walking ramp and stairs.
Metered parking is available along the Esplanade and at Miramar Park (meters are $0.25 per 15 minutes, payable by quarters or credit card). Additional parking is available at the Torrance Beach parking lot, slightly further south (flat rate for the day, $2.00-$7.00 depending on the season).
WHAT TO BRING:
Bring your Bible, you will definitely use it. We always have extras in case you forget. If you need a Bible, we’d love to give you one. We recommend bringing a beach chair, blanket, or towel to sit on. Dress comfortably and casually.
For More information:
Check us out on Facebook